I want to return an item whatís the first thing I need to do?
I no longer require the parts I have received, can I return them?
I believe my goods to be faulty, what shall I do?
How do I get the parts back to you and who will pay the postage on my return?
What is required for overseas returns, from outside the UK?
How does Winstanleys define its overall warranty position?
Q: I want to return an item whatís the first thing I need to do?
A: All orders being returned must be accompanied by a returns form, downloadable from here and posted to:
Unit 8 & 9 Martland Court,
Wigan. WN5 0LU.
If you donít have the facilities to do this then please take a moment to document the following and include it with your return.
a. Your name and address
b. Your email address & contact telephone number
c. Your order reference number
d. The reason for return
e. Action you require (replacement or refund)
Q: I no longer require the parts I have received; can I return them for a full refund?
A: Yes you can, if you bought them online. To do so you must inform us within 14 days of receiving your items and then return them to us within 14 days after that. Until a returned item is received by us, responsibility for its delivery and itís condition upon receipt lies with the customer. It is imperative that the items for return are sufficiently packed as to ensure they do not become damaged in transit and are received by us in the same condition they left you.
Q: I believe my goods to be faulty, what shall I do?
A: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before considering returning your item. Many problems can be resolved without returning them. It is always helpful and speeds the process up if you can include images of the part identifying the area you believe to be faulty. It is important to remember that warranty decisions can sometimes be impossible to make without our returns team having the opportunity to inspect the product or see what we would consider to be appropriate evidence of a manufacturing defect, and that it is unfair to expect them to do so.
Q:How do I get parts back to you that require an inspection and who will pay the postage?
A: We offer a chargeable collection service for your item/s, you should email email@example.com to arrange this. The charge for this service is specific to the product. However, if once inspected by us, your return is deemed to be covered under warranty, then the charge applied for this collection service would be refunded in full. We can collect Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm and from anywhere in the UK if the original delivery address is not convenient for you. It is imperative that the items for return are sufficiently packed as to ensure they do not become damaged in transit and are received by us in the same condition they left you. If, as a result of an error on our part, you are returning items yourself, we will refund up to £5 of your return postage on production of a receipt, this is sometimes printed on the envelope as part of the stamp mark.
Q:What is required for overseas returns, from outside the UK?
A: The common returns form should be printed off and completed, available here. Returns parcels from outside the UK will not be received without the following information.
a. A copy of the original invoice / receipt received, inside the parcel with the products being returned.
b. The outside of the parcel must be labelled as "returned, unwanted item"
Q:How does Winstanleys define its overall warranty position?
A: Firstly, if your warranty issue is regarding one of the following brands: ABikeCo, Bicycle Union, FBM, Fit Bike CO., Revenge Industries, S&M Bikes, Skavenger, Terrible One or United, then warranty claims or issues can referred directly to 4Down Distribution Ltd via this link: 4Down Warranty Page. For any other brand, or to deal with us for the above brands please read on...
Winstanleys Bikes does not warrant against failure or damage due to misuse such as, but not limited to incorrect installation, poor maintenance, abuse or neglect, using the product for something other than its intended purpose, alteration of the product unless expressly permitted in writing by Winstanleys Bikes.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
- Winstanleys Bikes does not cover general wear and tear on tyres, inner tubes, brakes, brake and gear cables, brake pads, light bulbs, chain rings, chains, cassettes, rims, batteries etc.
- Corrosion and/or deterioration caused by material fatigue defined as the natural breakdown of materials that occurs after extended use will not be covered under warranty.
- After the initial 30 day period Winstanleys Bikes Reserve the right to repair/replace any defective part under warranty.
- Warranty is non transferrable and applies to the original purchaser only.
- Proof of purchase is required with all potential warranty claims.
- Any item that is repaired or replaced under warranty will be covered by a period equal to the remaining warranty period of the original part.
- Usage during competitions, events, circuits or activities other than those for which the bicycle/component has been conceived will greatly reduce its useful life and is not covered under warranty.
- Costs incurred as a result of loss of use, as well as labour charges for part replacement or changeovers are not covered.
- If a repair/replacement is not possible Winstanleys Bikes reserve the right to offer.
a. An alternative of equal or greater value (colour may vary) or
b. A partial refund proportional to the remaining life of the product.
- Always install, repair and use your product in strict compliance with the product's instructions failure to do so might damage the products and cause a serious accident.
- This Agreement and any dispute arising out of it will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.